How Can I Engage?
Interested in engaging with our community? You have come to the right place. Penn has an abundance of resources for engagement and we are happy to connect you to them, as well as our own Penn Engineering sponsored activities. However you choose to engage, whether it be for one-time events or ongoing opportunities through Penn Centers, student organizations, or our sponsored activities we are excited to have you.
First: Choose a service opportunity from our Engagement Opportunities page. Be sure to keep an eye out for deadlines to sign up if needed.
Second: Sign up and join in. This can be different depending on if it is a Penn Engineering sponsored activity or Penn Partner sponsored activity. Details to follow so you know what to do for each category.
Third: For all engagement opportunities that you participate in, you must track and submit your student hours.
Note: If a student (or student organizations) would like PESTLE to review activities outside of our or partner sponsored opportunities that would count toward hours, please complete this form: https://upenn.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cArOTsYarMQMlKu
Tracking Student Hours:
Submitting your student engagement hours is simple and through an online form. Please submit your student hours for each approved engagement activity here: Penn Engineering Engagement Student Hours Form
Penn Engineering Sponsored Activities
- Complete our online registration form here
- Be mindful of applicable deadlines and possible clearances required for the activity of interest
- Complete Orientation, if required for the activity.
- If required you will receive information from PESTLE staff
- Complete background checks and clearances, if required for the activity
- If required we will assist you in getting your clearances
- Any activity with minors require clearances
- Engage, engage! Once you have completed the above start your engagement opportunity.
- Track student hours and give us feedback
Penn Partner Sponsored Activity
If you are interested in an engagement opportunity with one of our SEAS or Penn partners:
- Sign up with them directly.
- Note the contact as applicable on their site or as listed on our website.
- Note any deadlines for the activity
- Track your student hours and submit via our form.
If a student has engaged (or will engage) in an activity on their own and want it to count it towards their service hours, please follow the steps below.
Note: Approval will be at the discretion of PESTLE staff. Review may take up to seven (7) business
- Complete the Penn Engineering Student Acitivity (or Student Orgs) Review Request for this purpose here: https://upenn.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cArOTsYarMQMlKu
- If approved:
- Track your student hours
- You will be required to complete a feedback form.
- PESTLE may also require feedback from the Independent Activity Contact