How Can I Engage?
Interested in engaging with our community? You have come to the right place. Penn has an abundance of resources for engagement and we are happy to connect you to them, as well as our own Penn Engineering sponsored activities. However you choose to engage, whether it be for one-time events or ongoing opportunities through Penn Centers, student organizations, or our sponsored activities, we are excited to have you.
Learn more about PESTLE and join us for a virtual Orientation on September 26, 2022 and September 28, 2022 at 2:00 PM. Find out details regarding Orientation here: https://pestle.seas.upenn.edu/pestle-info-sessions-and-orientations-2/
First: Choose a service opportunity from our Engagement Opportunities page. Be sure to keep an eye out for deadlines to sign up if needed.
Second: Sign up and join in. This can be different depending on if it is a Penn Engineering sponsored activity or Penn Partner sponsored activity. Details to follow so you know what to do for each category.
Third: For all engagement opportunities that you participate in, you must track and submit your student hours.
Note: If a student (or student organizations) would like PESTLE to review activities outside of our or partner sponsored opportunities, please complete this form: https://upenn.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cArOTsYarMQMlKu
Tracking Student Hours:
Submitting your student engagement hours is simple and through an online form. Please submit your student hours for each approved engagement activity here: Penn Engineering Engagement Student Hours Form
Penn Engineering Sponsored Activities
- Complete our online registration form here
- Be mindful of applicable deadlines and possible clearances required for the activity of interest
- Complete Orientation, if required for the activity.
- Note all Penn Engineering sponsored service opportunities requires orientation.
- Complete background checks and clearances as applicable for the activity
- If required we will assist you in getting your clearances
- Any activity with minors require clearances
- Engage, engage! Once you have completed the above start your engagement opportunity.
- Track student hours and give us feedback
Penn Partner Sponsored Activity
If you are interested in an engagement opportunity with one of our SEAS or Penn partners:
- Sign up with them directly.
- Note the contact as listed on our website.
- Please reach out early, as volunteer slots may fill up.
- Track your student hours and submit via our form.
If a student has engaged (or will engage) in an activity on their own and want to count it towards service hours, please follow the steps below.
Note: Approval will be at the discretion of PESTLE staff. Review may take up to seven (7) business days.
- Completing the Penn Engineering Student Acitivity (or Student Orgs) Review Request here: https://upenn.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cArOTsYarMQMlKu
- If approved:
- Track your student hours
- You will be required to complete a feedback form at the end of your service experience.
- PESTLE may also require feedback from the Independent Activity Contact